Monday, April 26, 2004

A thorough and reasonable look at GMail privacy

This is one of the best articles I've read to date on the GMail privacy situation. It is well-reasoned and thorough. Kudos to Mr. Templeton:
The GMail Saga: "I come to this problem from two sides. One, I'm a fan of Google, and have been friends with Google's management since they started the company. I've also consulted for Google on other matters and make surprising revenue from their Adsense program on my web site.
I'm also a privacy advocate and Chairman of the Electronic Frontier Foundation, well regarded as one of the top civil rights advocates in cyberspace. The EFF has issued some statements of privacy concern over GMail, though we declined joining the coalition against it."
TD 3:03 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment