Friday, May 14, 2004

90% of free email webmasters scammers and cheaters?

During the Script School radio show today the discussion amon listeners came up in the chat about how several webmasters are blocking link submissions from free email using webmasters because of deceptive business practices. Things like once they get their site listed they take down the reciprocal link, redirecting the submitted URL, changing the site, etc. I suggested to the listeners that at least at this moment when GMail is not available to the masses it would be a good idea not to block submissions from GMail users.

This also got me wondering about the validity of these claims. It is true that if someone wants a free email address they are available easily. When I signed up for Yahoo I opted not to receive the email address. We also do not use our cable email address at this time. We never used the DSL one either for our office or home.

I do use GMail though. At least now I'm using it as a way to better manage some of my email. Will I go away from it once it becomes available to the masses? Perhaps for regular usage, but I still like the search aspect of it and I think it is easily better than Yahoo or Hotmail. I'm still getting used to it though and I still have a bunch of screenshots to share when I get to it.

Now if only I can figure out how to change the default dropdown option in Blogger so that it goes to this blog and not my other one whenever I make a post. Guess I need to search the knowledge base ...
TD 8:30 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment