Sunday, May 16, 2004

My own, non-doctored, spam flow chewed up 5MB in one day

Yesterday I started diverting an email address since 1998 to GMail and also several of our domains through GMail. It's not all of my email but it's a good chunk of what I receive daily. This is sort of my own internal test like prattboy is running.

Spam received for first day, Saturday 5/14/04: 1446
GMail informs me: You are currently using 5 MB (1%) of your 1000 MB.

Guess this means at this rate I'll have about 100 days before I'm out of space, doesn't it? I'm not going to track it every day or spend much time analyzing the spam (Prattboy is already doing that), but I'll come back from time to time and give you an update with where I'm at with my own email.

It should be noted that he artificially requested an increase in spam delivery to his GMail box and I am just using the normal email that I receive every day, with one of those email addresses being active for over 6 years (1998-2004). I haven't published my GMail address anywhere, including here.

I'll have more to say about the spam and how to deal with it in GMail in future entries.
TD 12:00 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment