Saturday, August 14, 2004

Gmail: Desirability of Scarcity

Rob Adams is getting into the marketing aspect of Gmail being in scarce supply.
roBlog dot org: Gmail and the Desirability of Scarcity: "Since April, Google has given current users of the service the ability to invite a limited number (2 or 3) of their friends into the fold. This has had the effect of introducing an artificial scarcity of Gmail accounts. I'm guessing that it's also had the effect of making them much more desirable than they otherwise would have been."
I'm hoping that Google comes up with some sort of mass delete tools before they leave beta or people are going to be really annoyed when they reach their 1 GB quota with spam. I've maxed out my Gmail account and have since started diverting all that mail to my wife's account. She isn't too happy about it. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a solution to this issue to clean out that spam bin in one fell swoop.
TD 7:21 PM

2 Comments:

Delete the stuff (which moves it to the Trash), and then visit the Trash folder. There is a "Delete Forever" button which does the final removal.

That should do the trick for you!
Hi Greg - thanks for the comment. There's a more indepth explanation of the problem here: http://www.makeyougohmm.com/pivotblg/entry.php?id=959

Add a comment