Thursday, October 13, 2005

Gmail spammed, Gmail Talk blog comment spammed

While on a routine cleaning mission this morning I noticed a bunch of spam in my Gmail account for this blog. I get a copy of every comment emailed to a special address and I noticed most of the comment spam was from one account.

Does Blogger have a report user for spam function? I didn't do any poking around, so maybe it's obvious. I spent a good five minutes removing 15 or so identical messages pasted across entries from the last 1 1/2 years at this blog.

I've now turned on the CAPTCHA image which sucks for accessibility, but should keep the garbage mentioned above to a minimum.

There's been a few good things added to Gmail lately like the auto save on messages and more functions. Most blog software could use that functionality.
TD 9:14 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment