Sunday, May 23, 2004

One week equals 5 percent space used on GMail

Ok, well, 4% as of the screenshot below ... but I'm guessing later today it will be 5%.


So here is where I'm at on Gmail space, just 4 hours shy of one week. I'm sure when the 4 hours is up, I'll be at 40MB which will be 5% of my Gmail allotment. Remember, this is my normal email inflow from a couple domains, this isn't me encouraging spam or signing up for special accounts. Here's my original blog entry last week when I turned on the switch.

At this rate, basic math tells me I'll have roughly 20 weeks or 4 months before I burn up the 1 gig allotment and need to start deleting. I'll continue to monitor this and update this until the space is gone.
TD 9:01 AM

2 Comments:

Sorry KendoMastr, I haven't been granted even one invite yet. My wife had one on Mother's Day which she gave away, but my account (which is older than hers by a week or so) hasn't been given even one invite yet :(
As it turns out, it was less than 4 months and actually *3 months* that it took to burn up the 1 gig allotment. Future post is here: http://gmailtalk.blogspot.com/2004/08/239329-spam-emails-in-3-months-fills.html

Add a comment