Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Up to 14% of Gmail space used now .. looking like 5% usage per week

This is true that 14% of my Gmail space is gone now. For those who are wondering what type of contest we'll have for the Gmail invites please plan to tune into the radio show this Friday where we'll be kicking it around there and actually be giving at least one Gmail invite away.

Remember that I started tracking my spam situation in Gmail on May 16 which is only three weeks ago. Let's call it 15% and say that I'm using about 5% of space per week on average. That means the Gmail space is going to run out in approximately 20 weeks, not even half a year.

I guess the 2-3 years estimation was for very, very casual email users because I'm not even sending all of our email to it and it won't last a half year at current spam throughput.
TD 6:23 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment